The American Viola Society is pleased to announce the formation of a new AVS Youth Advisory Council (YAC). The YAC is open to students and young professionals between ages 18-26.
The YAC will serve as a liaison to the AVS Executive board and provide student perspective on the impact of AVS issues and projects on aspiring professional violists. The AVS Board invites input from the YAC on attracting and retaining young professionals as members of the AVS. The AVS anticipates that the YAC will have its own ideas of projects to both suggest and implement.
The role of an AVS Youth Advisory Board (YAC):
- To serve as a liaison to the AVS Executive Board
- To provide a student perspective on the impact of issues and projects of AVS on aspiring violists, and
- To give insight on attracting and retaining young professionals as members of the AVS.
- The Youth Advisory Council will consist of 3-5 members.
- First term members should be between the ages of 18-26.
- Terms shall be two years with the possibility of renewal as long as the member is still under the age of 28.
- A chair will be selected by the members of the YAC.
- The AVS Executive Board will provide the YAC with yearly agenda topics by October 1 each year, including current AVS Board committee activity descriptions.
- YAC members are encouraged to submit additional ideas for AVS projects to AVS Executive Board.
- The YAC will arrange conference call meetings three times during a school year. These meetings will be facilitated by an AVS Executive Board Member who shall also attend the meeting.
- To remain a member in good standing, YAC members must attend 2 out of three conference calls.
- The YAC will share reports and minutes from their three meetings to the AVS board. The YAB chair is invited to attend AVS online board meetings and annual AVS Board meetings as a non-voting member.
To apply, click here.